Most small business owners keep their finger on the bottom line.
So when it comes to dishing out those hard earned funds for business investment…it’s hard not to have sticky fingers. But a website design is more than just throwing money at something, it’s a calculated investment in your business. Every dollar of advertising and every minute of cold calls will stand on it’s shoulders.
6 reasons you need a website:
- A website makes you legitimate. Like it or not, perception is reality. And having a website shows potential customers that you are thriving and current with technology. If you’re current with internet technology, then you’re probably current with other technology, or bathroom design trends, or facial treatments, or whatever else you’re selling. Current = Current.
- A website displays testimonials from your raving fans. Gone are the days of calling the first plumber in the phone book. Potential customers want social proof from others (just like them) who have hired and loved your company.
- A website shares your work. Oh, you thought your were going to sign that next client without showing your success rate? Photos of your work, whether antelopes or architecture, matters. The entire internet is at your customer’s fingertips. And they are using it to find your competitor. The one with a sharp website + snappy portfolio.
- A website ranks in Google. Ah yes, the search engine monster. Customers will find you in 2 main ways, referrals and search. Not having a website cuts out 50% of lead generation. Insert sad trombone sound.
- A website makes it easy to develop the “know” and “like” which then leads to the $$$ “trust” $$$. Let visitors get to know you on their terms. Browsing lovely photos, reading reviews and bios, this is low-hanging fruit that your visitors snap up and munch on while deciding if they want to trust you with their money.
- A website makes you easy. Phone number, email, contact form, shopping cart, resources, the list of ways you help your customer through your website is endless. The goal is to make the process easy and to make working with you easy.
Don’t have a website yet? The design process can be overwhelming, along with expensive. But finding the right designer can have you doing the jig. We would love to earn that business.
What should you look for in a website designer? I’ll be sharing that list soon!
Have a great one!