Hey there friends! Friday night I had the BEST time organizing a client photo shoot.
Now this is the truth, your photos will make or break your website conversion rate. Why? A lot of websites have the same basic layout, header/logo, navigation, large photo, content, and maybe a sidebar. So what sets you apart? It’s absolutely not that your colors are turquoise and gray, or that you use chevrons(!), because so does everyone else!
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS separate you from the competition!
I can’t stress this enough. But you don’t have to take my word for it! Just look around the internet. Try searching for a gift on Etsy. I PROMISE you choose the one that’s photographed well. Your website is a door into your business soul, so act like it! Tell the public and potential clients how awesome you are!
I have loads of clients trying to rank better in search, wanting to better optimize their website, to get out there more, to get new clients. When I do an SEO consult, it always includes a design and content overview…know why?? Because so what if you get someone there. You have to CONVERT them!
I’m not sure I can afford professional photos!! What should I do?
- Think about your current clients and your network. Do you have a photographer that can barter with you?
- Check out the local high schools or colleges for students. They are eager for experience and will typically work for a lower rate.
- Check the portfolio of whomever you choose. Have they done head shots before? Or product shots before? Does their style fit with your brand?
- Plan out what photos you want on specific pages. Do you need studio shots? Steps to complete a project? Products?
- Gather some inspiration to show your photographer, perhaps use a pinterest board for this.
- Buy props! All the magazines do it! Spaces are styled specifically for a photo shoot. Don’t skimp by saving the $50 you should be using for props. Hire a cleaning service to come get your spa ready, or a purchase a new outfit in a color that suits you well. Why do a half-baked job? Put the time and money in, and love the results for years! Otherwise, you are going to end up doing it again (the horror!!) and spending 2x the money.
Wanna see some more behind the scenes photos? Check it out!
These are just snap shots from my phone. I can’t wait to see the professional photos, AND to put them on this fabulous client website. Stay Tuned!
Have a tip to share? Worked with a photographer before? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Know someone who would benefit from this post, please share! Because that would be amazing:)